This is a collection of white papers, articles, presentations, technical tips, etc. Here is your chance to share your knowledge with other BSD users! Anyone is welcome to make submissions.
- Evolution of the Unix File System [Brad Schonhorst]: Paper discussing the development of the BSD Unix File System from its early beginnings at Bell Labs to its current (2006) implementation in FreeBSD.
- BSD Success Stories [Dru Lavigne]: Collection of BSD Success Stories -- written by ordinary users -- shows just a few of the many ways in which the BSDs solve real problems all day, every day.
- Open Source System Administration [Dru Lavigne]: Presentation given at Linuxworld Toronto 2007.
- Open Source Desktop Applications [Dru Lavigne]: Presentation given at Linuxworld Toronto 2007.
- Installing, Securing and Maintaining FreeBSD servers [Dru Lavigne]: This is a workshop prepared for meetBSD 2005 in Krakow, Poland. It concentrates on keeping the operating system and applications up-to-date using the minimal tools required. Scripts and tips for using cvs, cvsup, portupgrade, porteasy and portaudit are included and are meant as a starting point for creating your own customized solution.